In the blog post on the topic “In software products or services – how can you tell the difference?” it was discussed which features characterize software products and individual solutions and how
What is Natural Language Generation / NLG?
Natural Language Generation, also known as NLG, is a form of AI process that creates content through a generation-type method, using input data and information to produce copy for a wide range of different functionalities.
This can include anything from the creation of internal reports to the development of custom long-form content for websites and similar applications. NLG is different from other language generation tools, both in the way it functions and in terms of its primary purpose. Natural Language Generation is one of the most advanced forms of content generation, because of the additional level of comprehension and functionality it requires – both in terms of specific languages and often because of the differences in language use between locations.
How does Natural Language Generation (NLG) work?
In Natural Language Generation, content is created in a similar way to how human behaviour is used to form words and writing. Often, this content is used as a basis for templates, that can then be customised by-hand to achieve massive amounts of content creation without the required time and input by a ‘real person’. NLG is a sophisticated and highly designed form of AI that is created, and used, for specific purposes.
Content created using NLG can be:
- highly tailored and targeted to a particular audience
- transform information or data into a more understandable form
What is the difference between NLG and NLU (Natural Language Understanding)?
Often, Natural Language Generation is seen as the opposite to the also-popular Natural Language Understanding, a form of computer process where the existing language is broken down into structured and easy to understand data. NLG provides the opposite function, taking data and transforming it into readable, grammatically accurate copy that can be used online, in reports and many other places.
How is Natural Language Generation used?
1. Automate readable financial or medical reports from data
2. Generate high-volume content for web applications and mobile tools
3. Create customer communications that are personalised to requirements
Who uses Natural Language Generation?
Natural Language Generation for small companies & large corporations
Natural Language Generation is around the world, as well as by individuals in need of the fast, convenient and accurate creation of large volumes of content. As the modern version of a ‘text robot’, NLG is far more reliable, functional and practical than past AI iterations, making it a valuable addition to the toolkit across countless businesses and industries. Content creation can be a strain on many services where there isn’t a budget to hire copywriters or content creators for high volumes of text creation. Still, NLG provides a solution to create that content quickly and easily without the need for additional costs.
Beyond the convenience and effectiveness of Natural Language Generation, content automation is also a valuable and practical way to gain access to reporting quickly and easily, in a format that’s designed to be readable and understandable. The ability to effectively target an audience, and create content based on these specific requirements and the data provided, makes NLG uniquely suited for the creation of business reports and essential data analysis in sectors such as scientific studies, financial industries and business development and analysis.
Is Natural Language Generation for me?
While we don’t publicly share our Roadmap and timeline, as to not raise false expectations, from time to time we preview some of the upcoming things. These are in most cases
When a company is looking for software solutions, this is often the starting point for time-consuming selection processes of a usually long and expensive solution search. Taking many criteria into
– Reading Time: 4 minutes – More and more companies in e-commerce generate unique and high-quality SEO product descriptions & category content with the AX Semantics software and profit
– Reading Time: 2 minutes – Jakob, you have published the book “Journalismus der Dinge: Strategien für den Journalismus 4.0”. What is the idea behind the book? The Internet of
Highly individual email journeys using Natural Language Generation – an interview with Rabbit e-Marketing
– Reading Time: 2 minutes – Nikolaus von Graeve explains in this interview how Natural Language Generation, or NLG, is creating new possibilities for companies in personalization of email communication. Hello Nik, please
Reading Time: 2 minutes At AX Semantics we rely on a large network of partners. We are taking some time here in the blog to introduce our partners. The first
Reading time: 2 minutes Today I ask Dominik Liebsch from news.de about his experiences with text automation. Hello Dominik, you are responsible for text automation at news.de. What are your
– Reading time: 2 minutes – Good morning, Mr. Arnold. Could you please introduce yourself to our readers? My name is Jörg Arnold. I am a trained banker and subsequently
– Reading Time: 2 minutes – It is always exciting to see in how many sectors NLG is used successfully. Today Mario Berger, Director at Deloitte, reports on his experiences